Wednesday 15 May 2013

Introducing …….. Blog Betty


A BIG GLITTERY GLAMOROUS WELCOME BACK to Frock&Roll’s blog! Sorry we have been quiet the past few months but we have been hibernating due to the lack of sunshine, but rest assured the signs of spring have stirred us from beneath our duvets, out of our pjs and the gloves are coming off (had to been done). Frock&Roll is VERY excited to be approaching that time of year where the rail of fur coats will be replaced with floral prints and other such summery goodies.

So let me introduce myself. I am Kelly, Frock&Roll’s new Blog Editor although I prefer the title Blog Betty. I am a vintage loving lady who enjoys experimenting with vintage styles, I LOVE make-up and hair and I am always trying to find something new to try out whether that is experimenting with a different shade of lipstick, a new hair colour or trying to master one of the many retro hair styles.  I am also known as Dame La Reine when I am shaking my tail feather on the Burlesque Scene. This side of my life completely allows me to indulge in playing dress-up with the eras past in a more dramatic way than I think I could get away with in the streets of Reading, although on Saturday Night I still try!
 

Three Random Facts about Me:

1. I have an animal addiction. I have been banned from squeezing any more into my flat. I have two rabbits called Lorelei and Captain Carrot. I have a hamster called Elvis. Five mice called Marylin Mon Mouse, Liz Tailor, Rita MouseWorth, Dorothy Danger Mouse and Beatrice and a fishy Eel thing called Derek Acorah.


2. My favourite programme ever is Most Haunted. Yes I know Derek was a fraud, but me and Yvette go way back… Blue Peter, something about hospitals…. :P

3. I wear fake eyelashes everyday….. everyday! My eyelashes are practically poker straight - rubbish for creating a pin-up look. I can put them on in less than three minutes now!

So let’s get back to the task at hand shall we? Over the next few months I will be sharing some gems with you that I have picked up along the way - how to do vintage hair and make up, looking at quick and easy ways to achieve a retro look for us ladies who are on the go and how to accessorise a vintage outfit on a budget. I would like this Blog to be interactive and reflect what you would like to know about vintage fashion, hair and make up. Whether there is a look that you are trying to achieve or the history behind it? Whatever it is please contact me with your requests and I will do my very best to help. You may have suggestions and ideas for the Blog which would be welcomed.

I will also be updating you about what is going on in Frock&Roll and upcoming events in Reading. I am very excited to tell you that I shall be lurking around Reading next Wednesday to take pictures of some of Reading Street Style which will feature in the next Blog in a couple of weeks’ time. So look out for that!

I shall look forward to hearing from you with requests and suggestions!

Lots of Vintage Love Kelly x  

1 comment:

  1. Astonishingly nіce cоlors utilizing need , Finest strategies us all identify the worth of a dispersing that kind encounter when you're thinking of all of these hotfix tape

    .

    ReplyDelete